Health professional | yoga teacher | therapist
Ayurveda Lifestyle and Diet Consultant
What topics will the course cover?
Module 1The Fundamentals - Historical/spiritual
- Introduction and the uniqueness of Ayurveda.
- The six philosophical systems which underpin Ayurveda. The Samkhya system and the formation of the subtle world explanation of the basic concepts. The physical world and the doshas.
- Looking at the attributes, the senses and anatomy according to the precepts laid down in Ayurveda.
- Mapping the subtle body through Ayurvedic principles of Physiology and anatomy.
- Determining your constitution using Ayurveda.
- Thoroughly conversant with the spiritual and historical background of Ayurveda.
- Familiarised in Samkhya philosophy.
- Thoroughly acquainted with the principles of Ayurvedic physiology and anatomy.
- Able to determine the constitution for yourself and others.
Module 2Nutrition In Relation To The Doshas
- Looking at the concept of taste in Ayurveda.
- Outlining the process of digestion in Ayurveda viz a vie western nutrition.
- Familiarizing yourself with the 6 tastes, digestive, post- digestive effects of foods and special effects of foods.
- Learning about the concept of agni.
- Planning a nutritious diet.
- Ayurvedic cooking.
- Determining states of digestion.
- Outlining the disease process according to Ayurvedic principles.
- Determine foods according to their biological humors.
- Access the importance of taste in healing and health maintenance.
- Devise a diet for heath promotion.
- Utilize western concepts of dietary intervention alongside Ayurveda
- Learn how to prepare food Ayurvedically.
Module 3Lifestyle refinement
- Looking at the daily routine according to Ayurveda.
- Care of the senses.
- Using the evening routine for balanced living.
- Looking at yoga and the doshas.
- Guidelines in pranayama and the doshas.
- Meditation techniques and the doshas.
- Utilize the Ayurvedic perspective into both you and your client's daily routine.
- You will become familiar with the importance of yoga to Ayurveda and how the doshas relate to practice.
- You will become informed as to the centrality of meditation to Ayurveda and learn differing techniques to suit the needs of yourself and your clients.
Module 4Therapeutics & Case Studies
- Introduction to using herbs for healing.
- Looking at cleansing the body.
- Clinical examination and red flags.
- Symptoms of aggravated doshas what are they and how to recognize them.
- Looking at common ailments in light of lifestyle.
- Look at case studies.
- Able to identify commonly used herbs in Ayurveda and how to use them therapeutically.
- Use techniques such as fasting to cleanse the body.
- Recognize when referral is necessary.
- Interpret when the body is out of balance and define a plan for recovery.